Facts about Aluminium Extrusion
What is Aluminium?
Aluminium is a chemical element from the boron group. It is a silver-white, soft metal and is not magnetic. Aluminium is remarkable for the metal’s low density and its ability to resist corrosion. Aluminium is theoretically 100% recyclable. Recycling involves melting the scrap. Recycled aluminium is known as secondary aluminium, but maintains the same physical properties as primary aluminium. Secondary aluminium is produced in a wide range of formats and is employed in 80% of alloy injections. Another important use is for extrusion.
Aluminium Windows and Doors?
Aluminium is the ideal medium for windows and doors in South Africa. Aluminium is available in a range of colours and sizes and is not that expensive either. They are durable and weather resistant and require very little maintenance. When installed correctly, aluminium windows and doors will meet all your environmental regulations. Heat loss can be kept to a minimum with the correct glazing choice for your windows and doors.
Advantages of Aluminium:
- Aluminium doors and windows are customizable – can be made to any size
- Aluminium comes in 5 standard colours and a variety of custom colours
- Aluminium windows and doors are easy to install
- Aluminium is currently the most cost-effective medium on the SA market
- Aluminium will not rot or perish
- Aluminium is a low maintenance medium
- Aluminum is the most recyclable of all materials